If humor softens a hardened spirit, maybe it's time for some humor in the age of the coronavirus. I am grateful to my daughter, Lauren, for sending these, and I thought I would share them with you:
1. So let me get this straight, there's no cure for a virus that can be killed by sanitizer and hand soap?
2. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree yet? I've run out of things to do.
3. When this virus thing is over with, I still want some of you to stay away from me.
5. Just wait a second -- so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You're kidding, right?
6. Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.
7. Whoever decided a liquor store is more essential than a hair salon is obviously a bald-headed alcoholic and male.
8. Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.
10. Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
11. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it's going to take a whole vineyard to homeschool one.
12. Did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.
In the name of the One who can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
Bruce Jones, Pastor and Co-Creator,
Imagine Church of the Carolinas